Re: [OM] Quick release plate - Kirk, Really Right Stuff, ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Quick release plate - Kirk, Really Right Stuff, ?
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:30:09 EDT
In a message dated 8/11/03 4:01:18 PM Central Daylight Time,
jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Did you see any significant differences between the Kirk BH-1 (?) and
>  the Arca Swiss B1 ?
>
>  Have you used or even seen first hand any of the flash brackets?

I purchased the Kirk BH-1 after using a friends. The Arca Swiss head was back
ordered by everybody at that time, so the decision was an easy one.  As far
as a difference between Really Right Stuff plates and Kirk plates, I like the
safety stop  screw that the RRS  plates have, but  the build quality and fit
with both manufacturers is equally good. I have no experience with the flash
brackets. They look really useful for both macro flash work and long lens flash
photography. The price has discouraged me. Several years ago I experimented
with the F280 in Full Syncro mode, a modified flash extender, and the 350. The
flash bracket would have made that work alot easier.

Gary Faulkenberry