[OM] London- the film, the kit and the meet.

Subject: [OM] London- the film, the kit and the meet.
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 00:45:10 EDT
Well, the film problem has been resolved thru a referral from the list to
mailshots, a mail order house in the UK.  Afer a certain amount of begging and
pleading they have sent film to the first hotel and also to the folks I'll be
visiting at the half way point in my holiday.  The parcel sent to this friend
arrived within a few days of my order with, among other things, 6 rolls of
Velvia 100F.  I trust the shipment to the hotel went as well.

My traveling kit, which fits in a Tamrac bag which is smaller than what is
allowed, has definitely, maybe, almost been finalized.  In other words this is
what I think I will be taking.  OM 2S, OM 4T, T32 flash, Zuiko 35-105, 50mm
f1.2 & 18mm f3.5, Tamron 24-48mm, 90mm f2.5 and 60-300mm. I'll also have
extension tubes, small reflector, Cokin P rig with a couple of Singh Ray
graduated ND
filters, a polarizer and a few other gadgets and do dads. I'll carry two
tripods, a Gitzo Explorer with Kirk BH-3 will go in the suit case in the event
that
I can break away and do some real photography in the early morning or
evening.  The Velbon 343e will also be attached to the case, just in case.
What got
culled that I'd really like to take is the 21mm f2 and the Tamron 180mm f2.5,
but that would take a bit more squeezing and pushing than I'd like to do

The meet is going to take place in London on Saturday the 30th at 10 AM in
the morning with some film burning, a little bread breaking, some elbow bending
and a little story telling.  Appointed meeting place is in front of the Tower
Hill tube station.  I will be the tall (6'4") big (240lbs) guy with too much
camera gear hanging around his neck.  So far I believe we have Jason, Roger,
Chris and Jon going.  Should anyone else have an interest in joining us for a
few hours of Olympus fun, just post your interest to the list between now and
then or contact me in the next couple of days as I will be signing off on
Thursday morning until after the first of September.  I look forward to meeting
some
the Zuikoheads on that side of the pond.  This should be a fun morning and I
have ordered a break in the heat wave for that day.  I specifically requested
a dry break in the heat wave.  Bill Barber