RE: [OM] Too High asking price for a 250mm/2.0?

Subject: RE: [OM] Too High asking price for a 250mm/2.0?
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 06:22:45 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: JAN KIHLE Subject: [OM] Too High asking price for a 250mm/2.0?

I have just joined your olympus-digest list after having discovered all the
new possibilities of Olympus through the internet just recently (I am an old
enthusiast of the OM system ever since the early Seventies). Since its
release I have always had an interest for the Zuiko 250mm/2.0, however, only
two where ever sold in Norway. Nevertheless, through the net I have got an
offer for a 250mm/2.0 priced at US $4500,-. This price equals the original
list price in Norway when new. I would presume prices for a used 250 was
lower? Do you other list members that are more familiar with pricing on
second hand Olympus gear recommend a buying at this high price? Any
particularities I should be aware of when considering buying this lens?

Kindest Regards for your attention,

Jan Kihle, Norway

Welcome to the list.  That's a pretty steep price.  Olympus America has been
slowly selling remaining stock on eyebuy, and I'm pretty sure the examples
of this lens have all gone for less than that amount.  I'd keep looking,
watch 'that site' etc.