[OM] Too High asking price for a 250mm/2.0?

Subject: [OM] Too High asking price for a 250mm/2.0?
From: JAN KIHLE <jaki@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:33:12 +0200
I have just joined your olympus-digest list after having discovered all the new possibilities of Olympus through the internet just recently (I am an old enthusiast of the OM system ever since the early Seventies). Since its release I have always had an interest for the Zuiko 250mm/2.0, however, only two where ever sold in Norway. Nevertheless, through the net I have got an offer for a 250mm/2.0 priced at US $4500,-. This price equals the original list price in Norway when new. I would presume prices for a used 250 was lower? Do you other list members that are more familiar with pricing on second hand Olympus gear recommend a buying at this high price? Any particularities I should be aware of when considering buying this lens?

Kindest Regards for your attention,

Jan Kihle, Norway

Jan Kihle, Senior Geologist, Section Geochemistry
Department of Environmental Technology
Institute for Energy Technology (IFE)
PO Box 40
N-2007 Kjeller