Re: [OM] Zuiko 90/2 vs. Tamron 90/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 90/2 vs. Tamron 90/2.8
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <omlist@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 21:35:05 +0200
On Fri,  8 Aug 2003 13:34:53 -0400
"Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When I came into possession of a NIB 90/2 Zuiko macro a few weeks
> ago, I promised to do some comparison test shots with it and the
> 90/2.8 Tamron macro.  I did that, but since the results were less

<SNIP>

<SNIP - interresting, fairly unbiased review of the two 90mm's.
Thanks Walt>

> If you have to photograph unattractive or zitty folks and want to
> cut down on the amount of ugly getting through, then stick an old
> filter on the front and smear a pinky's worth of nose grease or
> Vaseline on it.  Or take off your panty hose and stretch them over
> the lens.

Ok, what is with you guys today? Just a minute ago, Regan suggested
that cameras have sexual preferences. Now you suggest that I start
wearing panty-hoses!!!

Must be something in the water or something :)

> Or buy one of the many soft-focus filters available
> (Tiffen makes some really good ones).  Shoot wide open.  Better
> still, make friends with prettier people.

*gg* well, if everyone did like you suggest, I'd be a very lonely
person, spending friday nights on the internet posting to geeky
mailinglists...ohh, wait...well..uhh....yeah :(

> Saying a lens is too sharp is like saying someone's too rich or

There is such a thing as "too rich", you know ;)

> too nice.  Or, if you're talking about me, too intelligent and too
> good looking.  It's just nonsense.  And so is some of this.

Walt, a good review. I have neither of the 90mm lenses, now you made
me want to go out and get both :) Thanks for your efforts in this
evaluation...

--thomas

> YMMV :-)
> Walt