Re: [OM] 55/1.2

Subject: Re: [OM] 55/1.2
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 12:26:02 -0700
This radioactive-glass yellowing syndrome came up on the camera-fix list I'm
on recently, and someone reported good results bleaching out the yellowing
by setting the lens in the sun for some time (~2 weeks). Apparently the
sunlight somehow lightened the yellowing in the glass to make the lens
usable again. I think this was a Pentax lens of similar vintage to the
55/1.2 Zuiko. As I recall, the lens was wrapped in aluminum foil except for
the glass ends, to keep it from heating up too much which might melt the
grease in the focus helical. As the cost of this is effectively zero, you
might consider experimenting with the process...
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...