RE: [OM] my next photo shoot

Subject: RE: [OM] my next photo shoot
From: "Daniel" <danrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:17:17 -1000
Is that a Zuiko 35-80 you mention?
Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 9:55 AM
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [OM] my next photo shoot

I'm going off-list as I don't relish coming back to 1500
messages after vacation.

I guess my next photo shoot is in western South Dakota.
I've been there twice before.  This time I've decided to
leave my tripod home.  I don't know about most of you, but
this decision disrupts all my latter-day precepts about
photography:

  * have to use faster film
  * can't expect to get those first/last light shots
  * can't use ND filters or split filters (as much)
  * wider apertures

My reason for doing this is that this vacation is for the
family.  We are all looking forward to doing things
together, and so I plan to make the photography just fit
into that.  I do want to "keep my eye warm" and get some
shots where I'm able, but I'm leaving the really heavy
glass (35-80 and 80-200) at home and going with the
following:

21/3.5
28/2
50/1.8
85/2
100/2.8
135/2.8
2X-A
F280

OM-4T on a winder 1 and OM-4 for backup. These items will
all go in a Lowe Pro AW bag and I will doubtless pick and
choose if I need to carry a smaller subset in my Orion
buttpack.

I've decided to shoot mainly Provia 400F.  I'll take a roll
of Velvia 50 in the OM-4 for the occasional mid-day shot in
bright light, but I expect I won't shoot more than a couple
frames.

I know many of you shoot mainly handheld.  I'm looking
forward to getting back into practice.  Lately all
my "serious" photography has been on tripod.  It will be
interesting.

Best wishes to all.  Over and out.

Joel W.