Re: [OM] OM-10 with missing shoe

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-10 with missing shoe
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <omlist@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:01:04 +0200
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 23:03:24 +0930
Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >Just a question: does the OM10 in question function fine
> >otherwise? If so, then I recommend just forgetting the
> >flash-option and using it with natural light only. The hole can
> >probably be covered by duct tape or some such thing
>
> It works very nicely. And the hole is already covered with matching
> black tape to keep nasties out while we figure out how to fix it.

I wonder if the shoe of an OM20 or 30 would fit. I may (strong MAY,
since I am not sure) be able to pick such up from a colleagues
camera, which went into liquid a few years and now is not usefull. If
you think it would work, I will ask him if he hasn't tossed it out. I
think he had an OM30, but I am not 100ure (now, he has a Camedia
digital thingie).

> >(if I suggest filling it with metal paste or
> >epoxy, Clint and John H. will start throwing things at me, I am
> >sure... *gg*)
>
> May I throw the first?   :-)

Let's see, you are "down under"...yeah, go ahead and throw. If you
can throw all the way to Paris, you deserve to actually hit me :)

--thomas

> tks
>   Andrew

  Thomas Heide Clausen