RE: [OM] [OT] Delete if hearing about a,gasp, Nikon D100 offends you

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] Delete if hearing about a,gasp, Nikon D100 offends you
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:15:34 +1000
> Tom Scales [mailto:tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]  wrote:
> Trust me, I won't post anything else about the damn camera.
> As busy as I am with the new job, I'll just drop into lurk
> status and let you all talk about donuts.

Bugger that, Tom! Hey, based on a complete lack of research
and the fact that I'm an indoctrinated C*n*n "zealot" *I*
think you made the wrong decision <grin> but that doesn't
mean I'm not curious as hell to hear how you go with your
new system (any thought of getting a Zuiko adapter? Is one
available?), and how it makes you feel about your "old" system
(am I right in suggesting you won't be chucking it all? ;-) ).
Sheesh, don't let a couple of flip comments drive *you*
into lurkdom - you're probably the most experienced
Zuikoholic there is, by quantity at least.

Am I right in saying that that the new wide angles don't
fit on the 35mm bodies (or totally wrong)? What decided
you against the new Oly' system (I'm suspecting some
obvious answers here, but you might surprise me :-) )?
If, as I perhaps wrongly assume, you are still using your
OM system, when do you see yourself using either system,
and what decides that (my reason is simple - I love the
OM1/50 1.4 combo, coupled with my C41 Kodak B&W film when
I'm thinking "serious" and slower, and the digi' when I'm
doing things quickly and on-the-fly, though I'm averse to
saying "snapshots" because that's not quite right in my mind).

C'mon, don't go! I'll buy you a donut - any flavour you
like ;-)

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz