Re: [OM] Manfrotto 293 Blues

Subject: Re: [OM] Manfrotto 293 Blues
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 22:09:47 -0300
on 6/08/2003 21:09, Brian Swale at bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Loosen the knurled knob
> and you will find that the front support can be angled up to meet the front of
> the lens and support it.
Seems I must look at it again... the front support didn't seem to bend in
any angle. It was not obvious and the man was trying to convince me...

> I have a winder 1 on my OM2 but the dimensions are the same
> as for the winder 2 I think.
Absolutely.

> Only "just" but it DOES support the lens just
> behind the filter ring (if you use one).
Supposing this 293 could be angled, then I can't understand where does the Y
piece fit. Where is 'behind the filter ring' ? Where the filter and the lens
screw one to each other ? ...then you will not be able to pull out the hood,
or using a polarizer would become an awkward maneouver...

Well, glad you could. I was supposing that an older 293 had a better design.

> Hope that helps
>
> Brian

helps very much, Brian.