Re: [OM] Some Olympus c5050z pictures

Subject: Re: [OM] Some Olympus c5050z pictures
From: Thomas Haegin <haegint@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:20:46 +0200 (CEST)
Hello Marc,

It's great you are sharing your pice with us, I do see
some interesting ones. I hope you find my comments
somewhat useful.

Don't know what it is, but it looks very good! Nicely
observed texture:
http://www.geocities.com/montsnmags/010803/P8010014.jpg

I like the color contrasts in this one:
http://www.geocities.com/montsnmags/010803/P8010009.jpg

Just wondering, though, if the shadow is not too
heavy? Maybe at some other time of the day it would be
not as evident? Actually, the above picture is a
detail of this one, isn't it?

The pidgeon pics do not knock me off the feet, to be
honest. Certainly I like the B+W versions better than
the color one.

The reason why they may not convince me totally is
possibly because there is so much background "noise",
primarily the big tree and the ugly house. I'm missing
"space" in these pics. I do like that you incorporated
the old man in the pictures. Maybe if he was alone
with the birds on a wide open lawn, that would be the
picture... dunno.

Cheers!
Thomas

On the 1st of this month, I had a day off, so I went