Re: [OM] I thought the list was subscribers only?

Subject: Re: [OM] I thought the list was subscribers only?
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 14:40:28 +0100
Skip,

I don't understand. I get LOADS of spam delivered to the address I use for
the list. I guess this is because the list archives are public and our
addresses appear in full on it.
AFAIK I have never had any spam forwarded to me by the list server, nor have
I noticed any in the digest, which I get sent to a different address.
I'm not sure there's much more that can be done. Between my ISP spam filter
and Norton, very little of the spam I do get sent actually reaches my inbox.
I have one address which is dormant and is in the form of dictionary word +
domain. I just cleared it last night after 3 weeks. 900 spams between the
spam folder at ISP and the Norton filter. there were 10 which neither had
identified.

Julian