[OM] Strange OM-2n behaviour

Subject: [OM] Strange OM-2n behaviour
From: Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 21:52:35 +0930

Twice in the last week or so my 2n has acted strangely, on the first shot
taken for the day, after it's been idle for a couple of days.

I set up the shot, figure out the exposure settings, set them manually,
switch the camera to manual, and press the shutter. Which then stays open
for about half a second instead of the 1/125 or 1/250 I had set. f8 or so
for each.

Thereafter it's fine. And exposures come back looking as they should (except
of course for the first, which is drastically overexposed).

Happened with two different lenses, neither of which show any sign of
sluggish aperture blades.

Any ideas on what might cause this?

thanks
  Andrew