Re: [OM] XA ????

Subject: Re: [OM] XA ????
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 13:52:55 -0400
And now for the bad news.  (My specialty)

The XA is Aperture-Priority Auto only.  If you have a spot-lit musician the XA
isn't the backup camera for you.

(It does have a Backlight setting to increase the exposure if needed.)

The other bad news is the flash.  If you set the camera to "flash" you are
locked into f/4, period.  Some people have had good
results at f/4 while some of us (yo!) have not.  The light falls off in the
corners but I've added a diffuser to mine so I don't
expect that to be a big problem.  (No results back yet.)

What I'm saying is there's no flash-matic setting, which would have leveraged
the nice true-rangefinder into perfect flash
exposures.  There's no way to manually set the shutter.  Both of these features
are available in much bigger cameras like the
Minoltas and the Canons of that era for half the money.

You can't put a Hi-Matic in the pocket of your jeans though.  Your pick.

Lama