Re: [OM] Common language, was Cleaning Old Price Tag Goo Off Body

Subject: Re: [OM] Common language, was Cleaning Old Price Tag Goo Off Body
From: Kennedy McEwen <rkm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:31:55 +0100
In article , Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
Yes, but is it still the language of the British Isles?  Whether American
or British versions, neither would be understood by the English of 600
years ago, nor could we easily understand them.  I do wish we would
pronounce things phonetically here.  The Brits seem to be better at that.

Eh???

You are the guys that introduced phonetic spelling in English!
Colour becomes colour etc.

Think of poor Hungarian learning English in London - went to Leicester Square, which caused him no end of trouble spelling, only to give up when he saw a film poster which read "Titanic - pronounced success!"

;-)
--
Kennedy
Python Philosophers