Re: [OM] macro

Subject: Re: [OM] macro
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <omlist@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:19:12 +0200
Ahh, Moose, then we probably agree much much more :)

I've never done much close-up or macro work "above water" in nature,
but I would assume that you are quite right. Now, don't go around
talking about how great it is, let alone show some of your usually
very nice photos to make me lust for a 90/2 or some such longer focal
length for macro......the CDFO will not look kindly upon that....:)

--thomas

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:58:14 -0700
Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Let me restate. "I prefer longer focal lengths for nature work that
>
> doesn't involve shooting through water because of their longer
> working distances."
>
> Moose
>
> Thomas Heide Clausen wrote:
>
> >Uhh, Moose, I beg to differ. When photographing something with
> >water(be that underwater or in a fish-tank) then "shorter is
> >better" is the rule.

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering