Re: [OM] Plastic Lens question

Subject: Re: [OM] Plastic Lens question
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:33:14 -0700
I've had thick plastic lenses and thin plastic lenses. I've had thick
glass lenses and thin glass lenses. Being near sighted my lenses are
thinnest in the center and thick at the edges. The thin lenses are
thinner at the edges.

The people who made them said they use high refractive index material to
make them thinner. They didn't say anything about resistance to
breaking.

-jeff