RE: [OM] Weekend at Bernnie's/now airshows

Subject: RE: [OM] Weekend at Bernnie's/now airshows
From: "Gary L. Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:17:15 -0500
Ag,

I, too, had become jaded after all the airshows I'd seen - until I got the
400 mm Tamron.  It is great fun to blast away at the aircraft with that
cannon.  I'm sure that Fuji and the ColorPlace are delighted, too.  I burned
a ridiculous amount of film at Duxford on Saturday!  Maybe I'll have a few
keepers. I did take time out to just listen to the Merlins and Griffons and
Pratts.  Watching the mass launch of Spits from the grass that Chris
described was like stepping back in time to witness the Battle of Britain.
Visually and viscerally stirring, and sobering.  I am glad I was there.
Chris clearly enjoyed it, too.

OM-content: spot-metering appropriately is far superior to any averaging or
matrix metering scheme when shooting dark airplanes against a bright sky.

Gary