Re: [OM] ( OM ) Lens focus shift in cold conditions

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Lens focus shift in cold conditions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:58:41 -0700
Interesting assumption that there is no effect on focus in the camera from the cold. Amazing that they can make camera bodies that don't change dimensions with temperature, but not lenses.

Not saying that's where the problem is, just questioning assumptions.

Moose

Brian Swale wrote:

<snip>So it's not just quite longer lenses that suffer significant focus shift in cold conditions.

Now, I could see this because I was using an SLR. People using a rangefinder, or a scale focussing camera like the Voigtlander L, would have out-of-focus shots under these conditions and never know until the shots were processed, and they might never know the reason why.