[OM] OTnow, was Put the blame where it is..

Subject: [OM] OTnow, was Put the blame where it is..
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:33:18 -0700
The subject of self destructive behavior by corporate management is just way to bizzare for any simple understanding.

A guy was brought in as an exec. VP. He brought in an old buddy who was out of work and inserted him between me and my boss. This guy's major talents turned out to be brownosing and BS. The litany of ills he did to the company, some of which were very expensive and lasted long after he was gone, is just amazing. He also made my life very difficult until I was able to establish a lifeline to the CEO that made me impervious. He finally missed cash flow projections for real estate and construction projects by a huge amount. He had personally taken over that function from me because I wasn't doing it the was he thought it should be done. Of course, I'd been in that area forever and knew the difference between how things actually happened and the flow of info that preceeded it. Not that I cared, since I'd hated that assignment since it was foisted on me. And it finally got him fired by top management over his immediate boss's strenuous objections. It was quite amusing to hear this Senior VP moaning about losing his good buddy when everyone else in the room knew what a disaster he was and wanted to celebrate.

Moose

AG Schnozz wrote:

You're a natural, Schnozz. :-) All great marketers promote solutions that are win-win.

Hmm.  So how do you explain my current employment situation?

(BTW, since I've been replaced by the high-priced talent, our
sales have really tanked.  At least my succeses are good resume
stuffers)