[OM] Wanted to Trade

Subject: [OM] Wanted to Trade
From: "Rich Doggett" <doggre@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:42:54 -0700
Mike wrote:
>Hey you guys
>in the Seattle area, where is a place that might swap a popular C*non
>Adaptall for a dusty Oly one?

Only two places come immediately to mind that have much of an Oly inventory:
Kenmore Camera, (425) 485-7447, and the guy in the U. District, Jim's
Cameras, 1313 N.E. 43rd, (206) 547-1440.  But you might also just go thru
the yellow pages and call around: Ballard Camera, Talls, Kens, Cameratechs
(also in U. District), Dick's in Burien, etc.  Glazer's never seems to have
much Oly gear at all, but they get a LOT of foot traffic, and I suspect
those in the know have an inside connection there or something.  At the very
least, I bet they do a quick turnover of whatever Oly stuff shows up.
Haven't explored the east side yet.  A little birdy told me there is a haunt
in Kirkland.

Also The Camera Store in both Puyallup (up on Meridian near Safeway, above
the fairgrounds) and Tacoma (right downtown), if you are on a serious quest
and willing to drive further.  Been over a year since I visited, but both
had various Oly bits/lenses/bodies.

I just remembered there is a store in Auburn I haven't visited yet,
either...  will do that soon & report.

Easy on/off access to I-5?  Heh, heh.  I could make a smart alec reply...
Actually, the U. District is easy to GET to.  Take the N.E. 50th exit (45th
is always busier).  Parking is the tough part.  You could park in the U.
Bookstore lot, walk thru the store and down and across to Jim's, and/or up
to Cameratechs, and then get a free parking validation on your way back thru
the store... but I didn't tell you this. :-)  Parking is possible n. of N.E.
50th and actually even closer to the heart of the "Ave."... until school
starts up again this fall.  Then forget it.  Once school is "on" you'll
either pay to park or walk a mile or more.  The Ave. might also still be
torn up/under construction between N.E. 45th and N.E. 50th (but well worth
the walk to Pagliacci's Pizza!).

Rich