[OM] Put the blame where it is..

Subject: [OM] Put the blame where it is..
From: Wim Verheyen <aemit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:46:13 +0200
> A 20-odd year old camera that still works flawlessly. Can anyone guarantee
> that an almost-all-plastic N*k*n will last that long?

Of course not. But this is comparing apples to lemons.
An all-plastic Olympus won't last 20 years either.
I know several people in our photo club with 20-year plus Nikons.
(In fact I'm the only one using Olympus gear).
But then, these are F-single digit bodies, all-metal, built like a tank.
Like most camera manufacturers, including Olympus, Nikon has anything from
budget P&S to professional cameras. If you start comparing, compare P&S to
P&S and pro-gear to pro-gear.