[OM] Fwd: Question from eBay Member

Subject: [OM] Fwd: Question from eBay Member
From: "Rich Doggett" <doggre@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 15:46:09 -0700
Bill wrote:
> I wonder if there is a network of thieves out there working ebay auctions
and that they >alert one another to the "hot ones".  There seems to be scam
artist who originate from >specific pockets around the globe and use similar
techniques to relieve their victims of >there money.  Curious minds want to
know.  This group might have benefited from a >pirated copy of spell check.

Misspellings of common words and funky grammar ("i have allso a product like
this" etc.) are a big red flag to me to be very wary of an auction.

Rich (and yes, there are networks of thieves all over, attempting every
possible scam)