[OM] Photography and Physics

Subject: [OM] Photography and Physics
From: "Boris Grigorov" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:16:04 -0400 (EDT)
Cc:
I am curious about something...
When I look at the rearview mirror, my eyes focus close.  If I want to focus at
the image in the mirror, my eyes relax and focus for a longer distance as if I
have turned my head around and focused on the subjects behind.
I wander why is that.
Does it mean that if there is a window and I want to focus on the subjects that
the window reflects, the lens has to be set up at a distance equal of the
distance between the window and the subject and not the distance between the
lens and the window?
Curious Boris