Re: [OM] Cross-Polarizer

Subject: Re: [OM] Cross-Polarizer
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:17:53 -0400
Joel,

Actually, I think its main purpose is just to kill the reflection
of the ring flash itself.  I've used it when photographing jewelry
and other highly reflective objects.  Sometimes it's nice with
flowers, but occasionally it leaves you with a picture almost
completely devoid of reflections or any kind of sheen that just
looks flat and dead.  In some instances, it can give great color
saturation, though.  I've found it to be a kind of hit and miss
proposition, and I tend to err on the side of "miss" because of
the light loss and uncertain outcome.

Walt