Re: [OM] Travel kit questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Travel kit questions
From: "RickM" <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:37:24 -0700
As a basic lens to have attached to the carry around body, i've mainly
settled on the 35-105/3.5-4.5 because of its versatility...  the drawbacks
are the size/weight, and the speed, but i've managed some decent shots with
it from the ferry...  when i get tired of schlepping that around, the next
most used is the 28/2...  though it's a great lense, i find that i rarely
use the 35-70/3.6...  it gives slightly sharper images, but it's almost as
large/heavy as the 35-105 and you lose the extra range, so it loses out as a
general carry-around...  if i know i'm going to be shooting something
specific, i'll go with the primes...  looking forward to trying out the new
35-70/3.5 though... it looks really cute, and we're almost getting down to
pocket camera size...  well, if you have large pockets...

RickM