Re: [OM] Infinity Focus problem - 55mm f1.2

Subject: Re: [OM] Infinity Focus problem - 55mm f1.2
From: Donald Shedrick <shedridc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:09:04 -0700 (PDT)
It is not a contrast issue.  I am basing my focus on the split image
on the 1-13 screen and using the varimagni finder at 2.5X.  This has
been my standard method for evaluating lens focus.  It is an
extremely small error, and it would not be noticeable by focusing on
the matte area and no magnified finder.  My view through the finder
looks sharp and of normal contrast.  If it is slightly low contrast,
that will not be a problem for astrophotography.  The 50mm wide open
apeture is what I need for light gathering ability for faint stars.

=====