[OM] oil on aperture blades

Subject: [OM] oil on aperture blades
From: Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:17:05 +0930

A question.

I have seen several references to this oil problem, but I've never actually
seen a lens with it (I think).

AFAIK none of our lenses exhibit this phenomenon (even the older PEN D,
Agfa Optima I, Voigtlander Perkeo E, Rolleicord etc).

I've seen a picture of oil in a lens. Not nice.

But I would be interested to know what are the EARLY signs of oil on aperture
blades etc, just in case it ever happens to any we have, or as I guess is
inevitable now, when the temptation to expand the collection arises ...

thanks
  Andrew