Re: [OM] P51 "American Beauty"

Subject: Re: [OM] P51 "American Beauty"
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:08:16 +0100
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 03:00:32 -0700, "Rich Doggett" <doggre@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Top pic is of the Mustang that was at Boeing Field last weekend.  Kept at
>the air museum in Olympia, WA, which has several warbirds.  This is a
>gorgeous P51.  Impressive to see & hear how little runway it needs to get
>airborne.

You've really *gotta* hear it though!

Not so far from me there's a preserved Spitfire, that's flown to and
from air shows quite regularly and often passes over my house. That RR
Merlin sound is so distinctive and we always rush outside to see and
*listen*. If there's a sound I'd like to 'can' for posterity that's
certainly one! For me, another is the sound of a steam locomotive and,
luckily again, there are several preserved steam railways within an
hour of me.

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)