Re: [OM] Re: ( OM ) FS on the list and prices

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: ( OM ) FS on the list and prices
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 09:14:00 +0200
Hi,

Thanks for the posting, Brian. It answered a lot of questions and was a good
contribution to FS communication on this list.

It is probably true that sales are easier, and dealing is more confident if a
price or a price range is set by the seller. This at least is the conclusion of
my FS posting from last week. Only very few responses, of these most being
unsure aobut a price suggestion. Well, I am not a frequent seller, so I thought
the mere announcing of sales among group members would be sufficient. It is not
in most cases, I learned.

I am against formal rules as other email groups or the usenet apply them. They
seem to be made for keeping trolls and other annoyants out. As long as people
can communicate and exchange gear in a friendly way it should work if list
members behave well. I apologize in case my FS posting offended someone on the
list (which was not intended).

I think what we probably should do is to list FS with indicative prices; and if
this is not the case, be explicit about the way people should make their
offers. If someone has a couple of items which just need to disappear from the
box and no price idea, then a low bid should be accepted. That is how eb?y was
intended to work before the invention of sniper procedures etc, I guess.

Either way, I borrowed the 2 Tamron lenses I had FS along with an OM-10 to a
friend who wants to start serious photography. This is probably a more valuable
contribution to promoting the OM way (I do not think that I ever will get these
beasts sold anyway).

Kind regards,

Bernd