Re: [OM] More shots; not-tope-14, flowers, etc

Subject: Re: [OM] More shots; not-tope-14, flowers, etc
From: "Jeffrey Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 11:08:50 -0700
The pictures are great but I don't agree that flash is "the way to go". I think a good natural light is better than flash but all too often the light isn't right and you have to use a flash. Of course everyone's taste is different. I find that the bright white highlights often created by a flash detract from the picture ... they shout flash. I do agree that if you are going to be taking macro pictures you want to have a flash handy.

Pictures of food most often use flash or at least lighting set up by the photographer. The bright highlights seem more expected in that instance at least to me. Probably if the lighting were too soft it would take away from the picture. Glasses and silverware should sparkle.

flower_7 with the light shining through the petals is very nice. If the window in the background could be removed it would be fantastic.

wintergarden/plant_1.jpg is a Gynura aurantiaca aka Purple Passion Plant. They used to be popular house plants in California but they've almost dissappeared. I saw some in a store recently so I guess they haven't been banned.

Great pictures, thanks for sharing,
-jeff

From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dan ...Like the macro shots.......agree with your flash
comments...........The pic of the rose is so Smoooooth!
                          Regards,  John Duggan, Wales, UK.