Re: [OM] ( OM ) Just a thought on FS

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Just a thought on FS
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 19:47:10 -0700
I'm not big on rules. Some are necessary and I don't really mind this one, but it doesn't seem really necessary. Seems to me those who don't list prices are less likely to make sales and likely to sell for less than those who price their FS items. So let 'em suffer the results of their choices and let those smart enough to make offers reap the benefits.

So, sellers, Brian and others want bargains, but don't want to feel embarassed by asking for them. So just list them fangs right up front. ;-)

Also, although I would like the chance to buy good stuff from reliable listees without going through *Bay, I really don't mind announcements of other members listings. It's not like anybody who doesn't want to has to bid, or even look.

Moose

Thomas Heide Clausen wrote:

Our informal policy was always 'offer it to the list first, with a price' and
'never tell us about ebay auctions, since we all know how to find them'.

Just thought I would confirm what Tom stated above -- and elevate it to semi-official status :) Except if someone has an item to sell, but really no clue of how to price it -- it does happen, although rarely -- posting without a price is probably ok.
So let's make an effort -- yeah, I am guilty mysef of making no-price FS
postings, I think,...I need to make an effort too.