Re: [OM] Tamron 135mm f/2.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 135mm f/2.5
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 15:46:19 -0400
Cc: <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Brian and Moose,

I tried focussing the 2.5 again.  In very low light in my living room I have NO
trouble at all focussing.  From this it looks like
it's very sharp wide open, like the Series1 90 macro.

What I saw the other day was half of the split image was going dark but I like
the microprism most times anyway.  Today I'm doing a
head-to-head, 3-way comparison:

Kiron 80-200 f/4.0 (Nothing funny about this one!)
Zuiko 135 f/3.5
Tamron 135 f/2.5

The Tamron's one full stop faster than the Zuiko and it might be sharper wide
open.  The Kiron is too slow for concerts but more
versatile outdoors.  I'm just shooting each one wide open then at f/11 on the
PC, on my heaviest tripod.

Details probably mid-week.....

Lama