Re: [OM] Olympus RD and SP

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus RD and SP
From: Skip Williams <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 14:40:16 -0500
Both of those cameras, as Bill points out, are very nice.  The big problem is
dust, as the winding mechanism uses a slot for the wind lever, which admits
dust into the internals and the finder.

The right way to do one of these cameras is to buy it very cheaply and have a
professional CLA done, including a thorough cleaning of the finder.  I wouldn't
pay more than $75-100 for a very nice one unless it had a CLA, which can run
$100 for a good job.

They're an interesting introduction to the rangefinder world, but no where near
the finder quality of an interchangable RF.  Mine got sold a couple of years
ago.

Skip

Please reply to [skipwilliams at pobox.com]
Direct responses to the email address on the header may get lost