Re: [OM] Anybody know what flash this is for??

Subject: Re: [OM] Anybody know what flash this is for??
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 08:43:56 -0400
In a message dated 7/1/2003 11:24:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> A quick history of OM flash units loosely tied to OM body introductions.
>
> OM-1 Introduction:
>   Quick-Auto 300
>   Shoe 1
>   Normal Auto and Manual Modes
>   NO TTL-Auto support
>   NO Flash Ready LED support
>   One shoe contact:  Trigger

My edition of Heiberg describes the QA310, but not the QA300. Interestingly, it
does include as part of the OM system the PS200 and PS200 Quick, which I
believe were introduced with one of the rangefinders (maybe a Pen?)

> OM-2000 Introduction:
>   T-18 and S20
>   Shoe 1 for OM-1; Shoe 3 for OM-2 and Shoe 4 for OM-1n/OM-2n
>   TTL-Auto:  T-18
>   Normal-Auto:  S20
>   Manual:  T-1 and S20
>   Flash Ready LED support:  T-18 (except OM-1/OM-2)
>   NO TTL Auto Cord T support on either
>   Not intended for use with Power Bounce Grip 2

I'm pretty sure the T18 predates the OM2000 by a number of years, and was
introduced with the OM-88/OM-101 in the early to mid 80's. It's probably worth
noting that the T-18 doesn't support normal auto.

Paul Schings