Re: [OM] Repair recommendations - UK

Subject: Re: [OM] Repair recommendations - UK
From: Philip Pemberton <philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 13:15:38 +0100
"Sam Shiell" <Sam.Shiell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> >>.... think I'll be giving Jessops a miss from now on. I guess it
> >=3D
> benefits the good shops though.
If you want good shops, there's one called "Bligh Camera and Optical"
in the Leeds (West Yorkshire, UK) city center. I bought a Winder 1 from them
for GBP 35. It didn't look too bad, the casing had some paint flaking off
around the tripod screw, but it worked great. The guy I spoke to didn't mind
pulling out a set of batteries and showing it working on my OM10. It still
works perfectly to this day.

As for Jessops, well, they wanted GBP 60 for a Winder 1 in the same
condition... I'm currently thinking about trading the Winder 1 in for a
Winder 2 at the moment - the continuous-wind function might be quite
useful... Is anyone here selling a Winder 2?

Later.
--
Phil.
philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx