Re: [OM] Repair recommendations - UK

Subject: Re: [OM] Repair recommendations - UK
From: "Sam Shiell" <Sam.Shiell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:16:21 +0100
>>.... think I'll be giving Jessops a miss from now on. I guess it benefits the
>>good shops though.

But then again, their lack of  knowing what's what can be useful. About 2 years
ago I bought a bounce Grip 2 from them, which included the cable and plug thing
that goes in the hot shoe for somewhere between 15 and 20 UK pounds (can't
exactly remember the figure now - btw that's the cost of 3 or 4 rolls of 36 exp
film at high-street prices). I had to ask twice that it was actually a BG-2 and
not a BG-1.

... And to recount the story ('cause I still find it funny) of when I spoke to
them on the phone about an OM2n, I asked if it was black or chrome. The answer
was "err, black...  but it has a silvery bit at the top and bottom"

Regards,

Sam Shiell
Technical Consultant
Skybridge
London SW19 3RU
United Kingdom
+44 (0)20 8254 1500
+44 (0)20 8254 1761 (dl)
www.skybridgegroup.com

This e-mail and any attached files are intended solely for the named addressee
only. It may contain information that is confidential, legally privileged and
protected by copyright. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receive on behalf of the addressee) you may not copy, use or disclose its
contents to anyone else. If you received this e-mail in error please notify the
sender immediately and then delete it from your system. We make every effort to
keep our network free from viruses although we can take no responsibility for
any computer virus which may be transferred by way of this e-mail.