Re: [OM] Appears to be a lot of stuff on oBoy

Subject: Re: [OM] Appears to be a lot of stuff on oBoy
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 18:32:26 -0400
Maybe.  I haven't been tracing prices but how's this:
Tamron 135mm f/2.5: $36.11 with retractable hood and dedicated hard case.

Wrong mount though:  Anyone need a Konica mount for Adaptall2 for, oh say, $36?
 :)

I like my Tamron 28mm f/2.8 for Adaptall2.  I got it a year ago for about $30
(with the wrong mount and a hard case.)  At the time I
also had a Zuiko 28/2 and a Series1 28/1.9.  I sold the others and kept the
Tamron.  In my tripod mounted, self-timer fired
cityscape test, it was a 3 way draw on ISO 100 slide film.  Neither the f2 nor
the f1.9 was sharp wide open (DUH!).

At f2.8 it was a weird 3-way tie.  At f8, one 28mm had a slightly wider angle
of view, another was sharper in the center and another
was sharper in the corners.

For me, I liked the Tamron 'cause it helped me get a better tripod, it focusses
in the right directions (as they all did), it fit in
the everready case, and was sharp enough to use at f2.8.

Gees, a $30 Tamron or a $90 Series1 that's huge and not sharp wide open?  No
contest.  Gees, a $140 Zuiko that some think is
collectable or an equally useable $30 Tamron.....

I remain,
Lama