RE: [OM] Looks good but just can't pull the trigger

Subject: RE: [OM] Looks good but just can't pull the trigger
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:37:39 +1000
> Jim [mailto:Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> This isn't really gloating, but it's ANNOYING!!!  You point
> out a little jewel out there in 'buybuy' land, and then you
> go and snap it up before any of us has opportunity to even
> look...

Ummm, I feel I have to grass myself up and fall on my sward...

I pointed out a 'buybuy' silvernose Zuiko 135/2.8 that was
at just over AUS$70 with only a couple of hours to go to some
Aussie OM "locals" (and one Kiwi) whose email addresses I had
handy (I didn't post to OM, as I figured most of you wouldn't
read it until it was gone). You see, I've already got a nice
135/3.5 and didn't *need* the 2.8....

...of course, I then proceeded to buy the bloody thing, at
AUS$96 - still over AUS$20 less than I paid for the 3.5.

It hasn't arrived yet, so the joke could still be on me.

Cheers
Marc (I can stop anytime I want)
Sydney, Oz