[OM] shutter speeds

Subject: [OM] shutter speeds
From: Kurt Klein <acetone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:42:10 -0700 (PDT)
I just received an OM-G that came with a lens I wanted.  It was advertised
MINT LIKE NEW.  It looks like only a few rolls have gone through it.  But
I noticed that the shutter curtain is a little wrinkled on the right side,
so I took it to my camera store to have it looked at.  New batteries were
put in (SR44), and the shutter was tested (in manual mode).  Here are the
results:

1/1000=1/400
1/500=1/250
1/250=1/200
1/125=1/100
1/60=1/50
Everything slower than 1/60 was what it should be.  Why are these speeds
slow, and is there an easy fix, i.e., one that doesn't cost more than the
body is worth?  I can get a CLA for $85 but I paid $75 for this camera
with a Tokina 35-135/3.5-4.5.

Kurt