Re: [OM] E1 first thoughts

Subject: Re: [OM] E1 first thoughts
From: "Jan Sturm \(GMX\)" <jan.sturm@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:47:41 +0200
From the Maitani interviews, I'd guesstimate about five years. Pretty much what they would have had, had they spent more thought with regard to their own future markets while slowly killing off the OM system. Something is afoul here, and it's not the technology - It's their management, if you ask me (oh yeah, some "stellar" engineers wouldn't hurt either).

From what I've seen so far happening at Olympus, my approach is this:

I'll continue to use Oly OM gear as long as bodies, the occasional lens and repairs are available _easily_. Once that goes, I'm off to Leica Land (at least they DO keep spares for 30 years after killing off a product like the M6 - oh, and they don't forget to give you something equivalent like the MP in return)

Bests, Jan

John Hermanson wrote:
How much lead time did Olympus have invested in the OM system before it was
released?  Probably much more than used for the E-1, and no one was looking
over their R&D shoulder wagging  fingers.
A "pro" market alone won't support a camera system.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,
please call 1-800-221-3000