Re: [OM] Update on photography club competition

Subject: Re: [OM] Update on photography club competition
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:38:32 -0700
Congrats Bill. Movin' on up.........

Moose

NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

Last month, I had posted a bit about belonging to local (Houston, TX) photography club which has a monthly competition and that my goal for this year was to place at least 5 prints in these competitions. This would allow me to move from the "B" category to the "A" category. The move really doesn't mean a great deal other than I have been a player and produced work that was good enough to place 1st, 2n or 3rd in the monthly contest. Last month I placed two prints (a 2n & a 3rd) and at tonight's meeting I again placed two prints (2 second place ). The contest have been valuable because they keep me engaged in producing new work and the critiques by outside judges are helpful as I expand my photography. An added benefit is all the prints which place throughout the year are put in an exhibit at the Houston Public Library in January. Guess that is all the horn tooting I'll do tonight. Bill Barber