Re: [OM] Need advice on shooting under fluorescents

Subject: Re: [OM] Need advice on shooting under fluorescents
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:36:10 -0400
Yeah, you want to start with the FD filter if you objective is to "capture the
scene" as it actually looks.

The problem that I envision is that fluorescent light is very flat.  Everytime
I've seen glassware for sale, it's displayed with
very contrasty light, where it looks best.

I've been doing table-top photography in my kitchen, lit by overhead
flourescents, so I know.  I had no very, very flat negs (C-41).

I made a "barn door" by standing up an empty case for a personal computer.  It
put most of my object in shadow, about the quality of
"open shade".  In other words, perfect.  You want some texture to the light and
you may have to work to get it.

Good luck.

All the best,

Lama