[OM] E-1 pricing...

Subject: [OM] E-1 pricing...
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:57:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OM] Some info on the new E-1
I agree. While John H. mentioned that this is MSRP, the fact of the matter is
that the MSRP of the 10D is $1499 and that's what it sells for, thought a few
dealers sell it for $1450 if you can get one. Don't think the E-1 will be
discounted to anywhere near that price range...maybe in a year or so.

Also....$8,000 for a 300/2.8?!?!? I don't think so...you can get a Canon
300/2.8 with IS for $3500 new and less than that used. The prices for the other
lenses seems in line, except the 1.4X teleconvertor is about 2X too expensive.

-Stephen (who has gone completely over to the dark side, now shooting
motorsports with an EOS 1D).