RE: [OM] Taking pictures at an air show

Subject: RE: [OM] Taking pictures at an air show
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:38:36 +0200
Hi guys,

Thanks for the advice!

I think you're right: I was planning to take too much stuff.

I think I'll bring the following:
24/2 (this lens doesn't weigh much and I have a very hard time _not_
bringing it anywhere)
65-200/4 (for ease of focus, and it's an excellent lens anyway)
300/4.5 (I hope I can handle the beast well without a tripod)
2x TC (probably the Vivitar one, so I can also use it on the zoom if so
desired)

Body-wise, the 4Ti will come, and if I decide to bring some back-up or
additional gear in the car, then perhaps I'll bring the 2n, a video tripod,
the 35-80/2.8 and the 100/2.

Film-wise, 3 rolls of Provia 400F will have to cut it, if I pass beyond that
amount I feel too many pictures of similar subjects will be taken (and
Provia 400F is not all that cheap either).

Now, whether I'll shoot this film pushed or not is something I'll decide on
the day itself (I will apply -1/3 exposure correction for additional
saturation though, as I find that gives very pleasing results).

Now, I also read the Paris show thread and I wish a Concorde would be on the
program over here as well, as I've never seen one in flight and I do like
that plane a lot.

Some of my favourites?
WW2: Definitely the Spitfire, the P-51 and the Me-262 (I'm in luck, the
first two of those will be there!)
Post-WW2: SR-71, F14, Mig-29, Su-27, A-10 (the flying GAU-8, hehehe)

Out of these I've never seen an Me-262, F14 nor the Su-27, and of the
others, the only one I have not seen in flight is the SR-71.

Cheers!
Olafo