Re: [OM] FS: Lots of little things

Subject: Re: [OM] FS: Lots of little things
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:10:06 -0700
My comment was meant to be quite dry, or perhaps tongue in cheek, although why tounge in cheek would be dry is not clear to me.

Moose

John Hermanson wrote:

They WILL catch on fire elsewhere in the world under the same conditions.
Codes may be.......um......less stringent in some countries. _________________________________
Everything that plugs into 120v ac requires the UL label (Underwriters Lab)
which is located in the next town (Melville) near the Nikon headquarters.
When they are done with an item, it can't be used anymore.
UL tests way beyond what might be considered normal use.  For example, they
take a hair dryer, stick a bobby pin in through the grill to block the
fan(cause it an happen) and then turn it on to see if the thermal fuse shuts
it down.  If it does, okay, if not, it fails inspection.