RE: [OM] OM4 Auto Metering problem?

Subject: RE: [OM] OM4 Auto Metering problem?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:39:09 +0100
Jason, I wonder could it be the aperture linkage is adrift.  That is, if the
lens aperture lever is not properly indicating the set aperture, it *might*
account for the problem you are experiencing, sucj that if you set an
aperture of f/11, camera thinks it is set at f/1.8, and meters accordingly
(at full aperture).  Lens then stops down, and suddenly five stops of the
light have gone.

Check by opening the back, looking thorugh the shutter when open on 'B'.
Adjust the aperture on the lens, and watch to see if the cam at 2 o'clock in
the lens throat (looking from the rear) is moving in tandem with the lever
on the back of the lens.

I have had third party lenses which do not mate properly, and have seen OMs
where that cam has been chewed up, likely from the same cause.

Piers