Re: [OM] ( OM ) Back on the list!

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Back on the list!
From: "Boris Grigorov" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 07:07:15 -0400 (EDT)
Cc:
Bernd,
I am glad you got the joke.
I also prefer the alternative music, but also like to check the "whole
spectrum" and if I hear anything I like, I buy it. Well, as you probably
guessed, this was a prelude to a warning:
The Datsuns' stile resembles mostly the hard rock that was popular in Europe in
the early 70's.  You might want to preview the album if you have a chance,
because they suffer from what I call "Deep Purple Syndrome", which means they
are excellent in studio, but about 800% more interesting in concert.  I would
have bought the record, just for the song "Harmonic Generator".  It is an odd
song in a style that does not match the rest of the album ( actually, it kinda
fits in the def. of "alternative")
I have to make the difficult decision of which concert to go to.  The Datsuns
and Radiohead are coming almost at the same time.  I saw Radiohead couple of
years ago.  I always thought that Kid A was the best popular music ever came up
with.  They make a good show, except for the first couple of songs, when you
can sense how much they hate live performances.  I guess what I am trying to
say is that the music of Radiohead is more fun to listen at home and the
Datsuns are more fun to see live, so please, take my advice and preview before
you buy.
Boris

>Hi Boris,

>Of course you're joking, but I read an artivle about them >somehwere. I =
>am interested in "alternative" music. Funny thing that you >mention the =
>Datsuns. I just saw one of their records in a shop here in >Denmark =
>yesterday and was really tempted to buy it.=20

:-)

Bernd