Re: [OM] HELP!! Am I screwed for my trip?

Subject: Re: [OM] HELP!! Am I screwed for my trip?
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:56:31 +0200
On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 14:43:20 -0700
Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<SNIP>

> Now I know what you should do with some of that money saved up for
> a 50/2 or Fuji 6x9. Get a second body. Anybody as involved with
> their photography as you needs a back-up camera body. Since you are
> remote from Oly repair facilities, you should get one that has been
> CLAed recently or maybe buy a US one and have it shipped directly
> to John or Clint, who can fix it up and send it on to you. If you
> don't like carryig around something you aren't using, put different
> film in each body. Fast and slow, low and high contrast, slide and
> print, B&W and color; think of the expanded possibilities when you
> don't have to finish a roll to do somtehing different!

Moose, didn't you just go from telling Albert to "get a back-up
camera body" to telling him that he need 12 (I think that would be
the combinatorics of what you outlined...) different bodies *AND* to
carry them all around at all times? :)

Of course, Schnozz would say he'd need 24 to have a complete setup
(a 35/2.8 and 100/2.8 on a body for each film-type), right?

Somehow, I think that that 50/2 would be cheaper after all....;)

Seriously, Albert, if it is important enough to you, I am sure that
it should be possible to have a screen FedEx'ed to you. Would be
possible, though probably quite costly. Aren't there any listees
based in an asian country where screens are in abundance (I assume
that FedEx/DHL/UPS'ing from there would be more reasonable than from
EU)

--thomas

> Moose
>
> Albert wrote:
>
> > So I'm trying to clean the dust off my OM in preparation for my
> > trip IN TWO DAYS..
> >
> > And I pop the focus screen out, and see if that's what is dirty..
> >
> > Well, I (for some god unknown reason) try to clean it.  And now
> > it's very dark and cloudy!  Warm water and soap!  I thought that
> > was suppose to do the trick, no??
> >
> > Anything I can do now to to salvage the situation??  PLEASE don't
> > tell me I'm going to be OM'less for my trip!
> >
> > And no, I'm just about the only person in Taiwan with an OM..  I
> > can't find another screen!!
> > Why do I do this to myself!!

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)