Re: [OM] Albert/Albatross and his gf's uncle

Subject: Re: [OM] Albert/Albatross and his gf's uncle
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 07:40:39 +0800

Bill, I _DO_ play a violin, and if I practice as much as I post on this list, I might be a professional!! ;-)

That said, it seems strange that I always go "kick it" with the Leica people, and yet, I'm the only one that brings pictures for the group to see! They talk and fondle equipment.. But never show pics. It makes me draw one of two conclusions:

#1  They never take pictures
#2  Their pictures suck

From their critiques, my photography has improved dramatically. I would love to reciprecate.. but never get the chance...

Also, I did see a few pics of one of the more vocal Leicaphiles; and all his tranny's were very blurry.. Not from missed-focusing, no, it was the "unsteady hands" type of blurry (streeky). I sometimes do what my gf thinks is nuts. If there's no film loaded or I just finished a roll, I'll walk around the house, and try to frame a few pictures of everyday objects, and see if I can see them from a different perspective. Fun activity (although my gf doesn't think so).. but has improved my photos overall.

Albert

In the latest issue, the editor of Lenswork comments
that, if instead of photography, he were to have taken up the violin, he
wouldn't have questioned for a minute the need to play daily. Good advice
for all, myself included.

Bill Pearce